You can’t be an online casino master if you don’t know the casino language that you should use. That really doesn’t work. How will you be able to understand the slots and table games that you play? Besides, it’s no fun to always be Googling terms in the middle of a hot game just so that you understand. And because we know all this, we have come up with a personal dictionary, that will give you all the casino lingo that you should know.
Online Casino Language
- Ante: Bet required in card games before the game starts.
- Bankroll: The amount of money that a player wants to gamble with at the casino
- Bet: The amount of money that you put at the risk of winning or losing.
- Betting Limits: The maximum amount that you can play with.
- Bonus: Rewards that are given when you sign up at an online casino, or at any time.
- Deal: To be given out cards.
- Even Money Bet: These are bets that have a 1:1 chance of winning between the dealer and the player.
- Face card: Kings, Queens, and Jacks. Cards that have faces.
- Gamblers Fallacy: A common belief by gamblers that isn’t necessarily true or false.
- Hit: Used when asking for another card in table games.
- Hot Streak: When you keep on winning.
- House Edge: The advantage that the casino has over the player.
- Jackpot: The prize money that players stand a chance of winning.
- Natural Win: A win made up of 2 cards. Usually in online blackjack or online baccarat.
- Odds: These are the chances of something happening.
- Push: This is another word for a tie.
- Split: To separate cards, usually done in online blackjack.
After that’s been said and done you can show and teach all your choomies that you are pro at both the casino language and the casino games. And maybe have you’re your own tutoring class and teach beginners how to speak casino.
You can always thank us later.