Yes, you read right: traveling is good for your health. A vacation leaves you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and relaxed. Those feelings are more than just emotional responses to time away from life’s hurdles. They are the nourishing effects of traveling also.
Going away to relax at some beach or cottage is not only an indulgence. Recent research reports say that traveling is actually good for your health. Vacationing for pleasure will ultimately affect your well-being.
Why Traveling Is Good For Your Health
- Traveling breaks lower men’s risk of death by 21% and mortality from cardiovascular disease by at least 32%.
- Lack of traveling among women is known to increase the risk of heart disease. It increases the risk of death from heart disease.
- Women who frequently go on vacations are less depressed, tense or tired. One study claims that women who travel are actually happier with their marriages.
- Going away on a vacation will improve your mood and will reduce stress as well.
- Vacationing will help boost productivity temporarily because it rejuvenates you.
- Traveling frequently will leave you satisfied with your physical health and well-being.
- For most people, traveling will increase creativity.
- Traveling is known to promote brain health, as well as keep the mind sharp. Being introduced to new environments, people, cultures and experiences challenges the brain. It also builds resilience, as well as improves memory and concentration.
Despite all of these physical and mental health benefits, most people are just not taking advantage of them. A number of surveys have been conducted and they revealed some shocking results. Just above half of the population have unused vacation days. The average worker in the country uses only half of their vacation days the whole year. People tend to just stay at home and do the same things over and over again when they are on leave.
Next summer, look up a beautiful vacation destination and go relax and rejuvenate and refresh yourself. Oh, and don’t forget to carry your tablet or smartphone so you can continue playing your favourite online casino games!